Saturday, March 7, 2009

From Jfers blog, I love it!

YM refused to eat tonight and was also acting a bit crazy; though to be fair, I took away his computer time after I caught him drawing molecules for Grandpa without setting the timer. We have a rule that even when he's allowed to use the computer (for personal or school use), he's not to touch it without a timer going. I also discovered that he'd been doing his math homework in Word instead of writing down the problems and solving them on paper (takes a billion times longer and the problems all look weird).

I thought I was very nice and sympathetic, just listening and giving him a hug... but then he got all screwy at the library again and yelled and went off after I told him he couldn't use the computers there either.

Anyway, snit at the library, snit in the car on the way home... I swear, I started the evening with hugs and sympathy, but it's hard to stay sympathetic with this kid for long without strangling him...

Meanwhile, we're still wondering: why wasn't he hungry? What did he eat today?
Earlier in the year, his rosh yeshiva was paying him for helping around the shul... maybe he has money from there?
But he swore he didn't eat any lunch.
I suspect it's a technicality: he probably means he didn't literally consume (choose one or more of the following)
a) several food groups at one sitting
b) between the hours of 12-1, ie lunch hour
c) sitting down at a table
d) from a restaurant
e) lunch-type food.

If he had scrambled eggs (ie breakfast food), standing up (ie not really eating a meal in the normal way), by themselves (they're usually accompanied by toast during a meal), at 4:00 p.m. (not the usual lunch hour) in the back-alley of the shul (not a usual lunch place), he would definitely, in good conscience, and without a clue that he was lying - be able to honestly swear on his parents' grave (the early one he's driving us to) that he didn't eat lunch today.

He could be stuffed full of chocolate bars, pasta, sushi, whatever... and still swear he didn't eat lunch.Sheesh.

1 comment:

Tzivia said...

Hey, that stuff is MINE. Copyright! If you want to refer to my blog, post a LINK, not the *entire* thing I spent an hour writing. :-))))